Pages

Thursday 3 November 2011

Sleep? What's that?

I woke up feeling refreshed this morning. I had actually had four hours in a row of sleep. I believe that's the first time since July that I've slept that long. (In July there was one blissful night when I had five and a half hours, but before that I hadn't slept through the night since I was about eight weeks pregnant.)

It was a bit sad really. I was feeling refreshed and happy because I'd had four hours sleep. Oh dear, this is what life has come to, when four hours feels like a victory.

Sleep or no sleep, today was a run day. So, after Izzy's morning nap, we got the Beast out of the garage, and went on a three mile run.

It was tough going. I was tired, and my legs were still aching from Buggyfit yesterday. I think I'll need to stop going to Buggyfit on a Wednesday, because I really, really need that rest day.

After a grumpy teething day yesterday, Izzy was in a fabulous mood all day today and had a lovely nap in the buggy when we were out for our run. We had a wee trip out to Silverburn this afternoon and Aunty Jen came over for a visit this evening.

The only problem is, Izzy went to bed an hour and a half ago, and she's still wriggling, giggling and making monkey noises in the cot. I think we're in for another long night - who needs sleep anyway?

Getting Sleepy

No comments:

Post a Comment