Pages

Friday 28 October 2011

A Rest Day

This morning I was supposed to get up early to go to our Buggyfit class (think hordes of women with small babies and prams haring around a park and scaring the ducks and small children).

However, Isabella was awake every two hours last night and consequently this morning I was shattered. I brought her into bed with me at 6:30 and had a glorious three hour sleep . I woke up without enough time to get ready for the class, so I declared today a rest day - after all, that's what my training plan says today is.

So, we've been to Asda (exciting!) bought some bits and pieces for Hallowe'en (thrilling!) and I'm going to attempt to make scones, baby-willing (enthralling!). My next run isn't until Sunday, a whole 2 days away, so 'm going to enjoy my rest and recharge a bit - surprisingly, disturbed sleep and a heavy-duty exercise programme don't really mix!

Here's yesterday's run for anyone interested. It was a jaunt to the Co-op for a bag of salad with Baby and the Beast ;-)

You get some funny looks when you're out running with the baby. Some people look at you as if they're not quite sure what they're seeing, but I suppose it is understandable - it is a strange thing to do. I do get a few disapproving looks from ladies of a certain age. I did get an encouraging comment from wee old man yesterday though, which is refreshing, considering some of the comments I had when running solo. The best/worst one ever was "the chip shop's that way hen." Not exactly motivational, but certainly memorable. I wonder what Gems I have to look forward to in the next six months.

UPDATE: operation scone a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment